Made with a Retro Modern Style Décor in mind, this United States Map Wall Decal is a showpiece statement for either girls or boys. Any color Combination can be used for either gender, but for practical purposes, the combinations 1 to 10 would suit boys décor better, and 11 to 20 will most likely be found in girls décor.
I would say this design will go very well on a teen or pre-teen bedroom but it also does its job above a crib, and office or a playroom. It’s never too early to learn geography or show your patriotism!
GET A SAMPLE HERE
It comes in 5 sizes (different price applies) and you can select from 20 color combinations, or make up your own:
XSMALL: 42”w x 26”h
SMALL: 52”w x 33”h
MEDIUM: 70”w x 44"h
LARGE 84”w x 52"h
XLARGE 110”w x 69"h
HOW TO ORDER:
- Select the size you want from the drop down menu list.
- Select the Media: Vinyl or Self-Adhesive Fabric.
- Select Color for the map. Look at the pictures for examples of every color combination. Email me if you want me to create a different combination of colors. Select CUSTOM if you want to create your own combination of colors. Add the colors you want on the text area.
- During checkout, add a note to seller including any specific important information you want me to know, such as due date if you need this order for a specific event, or if you want to request samples prior to processing the order.
WHAT’S INCLUDED ON YOUR ORDER:
- One USA Map including all states shown, in the size and color selected (transfer tape applied on map)
- Step by Step guidelines for installation
- Application tool (squeegee)
- Test Decal
WHICH MEDIA IS BEST FOR MY PROJECT?
DURABLE VINYL DECALS
PROS: These are thin decals with very bright colors and they are smooth with minimal luster. These decals will look like painted on your wall. Will last +5 years on your wall (they might last longer but we do not recommend leaving them longer than 5 years) Durable Vinyl will stick to walls painted with Glidden Essentials Flat or Eggshell, Sherwin Williams Duration, SW Cashmere Flat or Satin, Dutch Boy Flat interior paint.
CONS: They cannot be repositioned. Do not work with BEHR, VALSPAR, Paramount, Benjamin Moore, PPG Dunn Edwards and any paint that is LOW or ZERO VOC. We have seen how decals fall off the wall if you try to apply them to walls painted with these brands. Select Self-Adhesive FABRIC if you have these paint brands. If recently painted your walls, wait 8 weeks before applying your decals.
SELF-ADHESIVE FABRIC DECALS
PROS: GREENGUARD GOLD Certified Inks. Removable Medium Tack Adhesive that can also be re-positioned many times from wall to wall. It is durable and it won't rip easy because it is polyester fabric. It has a canvas-like texture and it is matte. This material could be better for textured walls because it is thicker than vinyl and can hid the texture better. However, if there are many "peaks" on your textured wall, no material will have enough surface to hold on to which might prompt the decal to fall off the wall or be punctured by the sharp peaks on the texture.
- There is no Glycol-Ether or Formaldehyde in the adhesive and no Detrimental concerns of Phthalates.
- Environmentally safe and bio-degradable over time, No PVC and nontoxic.
- Not recommended for brick, non-painted cement surfaces, or heavy painted spackled wall board.
- Make sure you allow 60 days on newly painted surfaces for out-gassing. Otherwise bubbles may develop.
CONS: It is slightly thicker material than vinyl which makes it impossible to achieve good performance on smaller designs with too many details. It has a higher price than Vinyl. If recently painted your walls, wait 8 weeks before applying your decals.
Wall graphics must be applied to a clean, smooth (slight textured is acceptable), dry and non-porous surface in a timely manner, preferably within 4 weeks of receiving your shipment. Freshly applied paint should be allowed to cure for a minimum of four full weeks before wall graphic application. Your decals will peel off the wall if the paint is still not cured (due to the out gassing) or if the paint is not compatible with removable decals.
IMPORTANT: During shipping the vinyl is exposed to extreme cold temperatures that might damage the adhesive. I recommend to all customers to keep the package away from the weather elements (avoid leaving on porch, garage or attics) and to allow time for the decal to be expose to room temperatures for at least 4 hours before attempting installation. The adhesive on the decals is activated with heat, you can use a hair drier to warm up the wall before applying decals (avoid getting too close to the wall to prevent burning down your home) We also suggest to install the decals within 30 days of delivery in order to obtain a full guarantee for the products.
We have found through extensive testing and we found out that the our decals work well with CLEAN surfaces that are properly primed and painted. If your wall is not properly primed and painted, the decal might remove paint from your wall when removed.
Additionally we provide a guide on Adhesion Cleaning Method prior to installation, and also PRO TIPS during installation. Follow these and you will quickly, easily and successfully adhere most decals to most wall paints.